Specifications for 7 Mil Laser Plastic
Cards and Forms
The standard card size is 2-1/8″ x 3-3/8″. On the card, screens cannot exceed 20% in the area of laser imaging. If copy on the card bleeds, make sure to bleed the copy 1/8″ beyond the edge of the card. On the form, while it is OK to bleed copy on the top, left and right, do not bleed copy on all 4 sides (we need 5/8″ lock up space vertically).
Layout if you want Membership Cards Only® LLC to typeset:
For all orders requiring typesetting, we require a rough layout showing copy position, color separation and position of variable data. A black and white, camera copy, color separated logo should be included for best results.
If you submit an electronic art file for copy:
Mac based art is preferred (but PC based is accepted) for page layout, illustration applications, scanned photos and line art. The following Mac and PC programs are supported: (1) InDesign; (2) Quark Xpress; (3) PhotoShop; (4) Illustrator and others. Accepted media formats are: (1) CD; (2) FTP Uploads; and (3) email (please call us for email address as we have several to accept copy transmissions).
For all electronic files, we need the following:
- Include a PDF.
- Include a color-separated hard copy of the card and form.
- Be sure to set card copy and form copy in separate files.
- All fonts used must be included on the art file.
- All graphics used must be included on the art file.
- Be sure to send us the original file so we can trap and correct the file properly.