Specifications for UV Coated Cards
The standard card size is 2-1/8” x 3-3/8”. If copy on the card bleeds, make sure to bleed the copy 1/8” beyond the edge of the card.
Layout if you want Membership Cards Only® LLC to typeset:
For all orders requiring typesetting, we require a rough layout showing copy position, color separation and position of variable data. A black and white, camera copy, color separated logo should be included for best results.
If you submit an electronic disk for copy:
Mac disk is preferred (but PC based is accepted) for page layout, illustration applications, scanned photos and line art. The following Mac and PC programs are supported:
(1) QuarkXpress; (2) PageMaker; (3) PhotoShop; (4) Illustrator; (5) Freehand. Accepted media formats are: (1) CD; (2) Zip Disk; (3) Floppy Disk; (4) Syquest Disk and (5) email (please call us for email address as we have several to accept copy transmissions).
NOTE: Since emailed files bypass some necessary quality control procedures, we recommend that you send a disk along with laser prints when placing an order.
For all electronic files, we need the following:
- Include a hard copy of the directory for all files on the disk
- Include a color-separated hard copy of the card.
- All fonts used must be included on the disk.
- All graphics used must be included on the disk.
- Be sure to send us the original file so we can trap and correct the file.
If you send negatives (We prefer that you do not send negs):
Color separated negatives must be to exact size. Negatives need to be right reading, emulsion side down. The line screen for the card or key tag should be 150 lines per inch. Bleed must extend 1/8” beyond bleed edge. All colors that trap should allow .015 point trapping.